Top 10 Best Essential Oils for Acne Prone Skin 2017
Are you so picky when it comes to choosing the best essential oils for acne prone skin? Or, maybe you have tried a number of treatments for acne that didn't work and you are looking for an alternative.
We have carefully selected only the best essential oils that you can use right now to treat pimples and blackheads.
1. Tea Tree 100% Pure Essential Oils for Hormonal Acne
Tea Tree 100% Essential Oil is an organic stimulant with a fresh, pungent, and spicy scent. It promotes clear skin while maintaining a balance in the bacterial flora on skin.
Its anti-bacterial properties make it an effective treatment for hormonal acne, itchy scalps, and oily skin.
Unlike other immune stimulants that fight skin infections, you can use this spicy essential oil for acne without worrying about skin imbalance. Moreover, it won’t break your skin.
Besides being a wonderful acne treatment for giving your skin a treat, this essential oil doubles as a special treatment for dandruff, fungal diseases, as well as skin tags.
- Tea Tree 100% Pure Essential Oil is a multi-function product because it treats more than one skin disease.
- It has a fresh, warm, spicy scent that’s hard not to love.
- This essential lasts long.
- It’s one of the cheapest essential oils for acne treatment on the market.
- The bottle is very small. You might not get many uses out of it, especially if you are a heavy user.
- It can somewhat dry your face, although the chances are very rare, to say the least.
2. Plant Therapy Zit Fighter Synergy Blend
What’s packaged in this dark amber glass bottle is pure essential oil for acne with 100% natural ingredients.
Plant Therapy Zit Fighter Synergy Blend’s ingredients include pink grapefruit, rosemary, cedar wood, peppermint, geranium bourbon, and roman chamomile.
It neither has traces of fillers and base nor added carriers and additive.
With its powerful, organic ingredients, this topical essential oil is able to clear blemishes, reduce redness, and rebalance the skin to make you look healthy.
It also gives a clear skin by accelerating the disappearance of acne pimples, eventually making your skin look clear, smooth, properly balanced, and well toned.
- Zit Fighter helps with baby acne. You can add it to a Proactive face moisturize to clear up your kid’s acne very fast.
- This essential oil is 100% organic, and it does not have even a single trace of harmful chemicals. As such, it is safe for managing your acne.
- It is great for all skin types.
- Also, this essential oil has a sweet scent that’s easy to fall in love with.
- For some people, it might take too long to notice significant changes, so it is important to practice patience and allow the product to work.
3. Radha Beauty Tea Tree Essential Oil
Radha Beauty Tea Tree Essential Oil delivers a powerful healing sensation, which treats the skin faster than most anti bacterial essential oils for acne in the market.
It’s by far the best, premium, all-in-one home remedy for acne, skin tags, ringworms, toenail fungus, and yeast infection.
This essential oil is manufactured from 100% natural, fresh leaves, with no fillers and additive whatsoever.
It has detoxifying, cleansing, and anti-fungal properties, which aren’t too over drying. To get the most from this essential oil, always dilute it before application.
You can mix with Radha Fractionated Coconut Oil, Radha Miracle Retinol Moisturizer, or water, and use the mixture to give your skin a special treat thereafter.
- It is an effective remedy for chin and neck cystic acne.
- This essential oil has a pleasing aroma, which isn’t that strong.
- It is unfiltered and undiluted.
- It helps to maintain clear skin, and it won’t break your skin in the process.
- This essential oil will still yield satisfactory results even when used every other day.
- It is strong enough to fight and protect your skin from bacteria that cause acne.
- It will dry the skin if applied directly. It recommended that you dilute it before application for better results.
4. TreeActiv Acne Eliminating Tea Tree Essential Oil
TreeActiv Acne Eliminating Tea Tree Essential Oil allows you to experience the true acne eliminating power from its organic ingredients.
Because this essential oil is very potent and pure, a single application can penetrate your skin faster to get rid of acne and other skin imperfections.
This product not only disinfects pores, but also dries outs blackhead and whiteheads.
Before applying this essential oil on a larger area of your skin, make sure to test it on a small part for sensitivities.
If it doesn’t react to your skin, feel free to use it to give your skin the best treat. You your finger, a cotton swab, or a cotton ball for application.
After application, let the skin absorb the essential oil. Do not wash or rinse the skin at all.
- This product penetrates the skin faster than most essential oils for acne scars.
- It doubles as a moisturizer, a toner, and an astringent that clears away acne and prevent future breakouts.
- Also, this essential oil can hide and eventually diminish stubborn pimples, pesky blemishes, as well as persistent zits.
- You can use this product to get rid of baby as well as adult acne
- The scent is somewhat heavy and unfriendly.
5. Essential Oil Labs Tea Tree Oil
Essential Oil Labs Tea Tree Oil is a three-in-one formula designed to fight acne, eczema, and psoriasis.
This essential oil has antibacterial properties designed to treat your acne and clear acne blemishes, while giving your skin the right look and feel.
As an added advantage, Essential Oil Labs Tee Tree Oil doesn’t dry the skin, which means you won’t need to buy a moisturizer as a supplement.
Besides being a high quality remedy for acne, this essential oil also helps with additional skin problems like bug bites, bruises, crapes, cuts, and bumps.
The overall goal of this oil is to leave your skin clear, well toned, smooth, and healthy.
- It has a sweet aroma. The smell might be somewhat overwhelming for some people, but it should fade away in just a few minutes.
- This essential oil can help to reduce hormonal as well as back acne if coupled with frequent exercises.
- Also, this essential oil is a perfect spot treatment that shows visible results within the same day of application.
- You can mix it with your morning lotion or night cream and use the combination to moisturize your skin. The mixture hydrates the skin without giving you breakouts.
- It comes with a dropper, for easy application.
- Essential Oil Labs Tea Tree Oil does not have a user guide.
- The scent might be too irritating for some people.
6. Now Foods Tea Tree Essential Oils for Acne Prone Skin
With Now Foods Tea Tree Essential Oil now available for skincare, it is time to put aside chemically engineered pills and ointments, and give your acne an organic treat.
Inside this dark tinted 4 fl oz bottle is an effective treatment with a natural blend of spices, oils, and natural herbs.
Tea tree oil, a natural component extracted from the leaves of Australian tea tree, is the most active ingredient in this product.
This essential oil has a minimum of 30% terpinen-4-ol and a minimum of 10% cineole, which form the family of the active ingredients in the product.
What’s more, this essential oil for pimples and blackheads does not have even a single trace of chemical additives in it.
- It is an active acne treatment, which cures acne in 4 to 6 weeks.
- This essential oil helps with skin rashes better than other brands that claim to treat a similar condition.
- It does not cause skin irritation
- It does not break the skin
- This essential oil is also suitable for rosacea and oily skin.
- This product can cause skin irritation for some people because the 10% cineole content is too much. It would have been better at least 7%.
- It has a very strong smell that can be quite too much for some users.
- It does not come with a dropper.
7. Aura Cacia Essential Oils for Acne Treatment
Aura Caica Essential Oil has been around for close to four decades now.
And because of its popularity as well as effectiveness in giving the skin a great treat, this brand competes so well with the likes of doTerra and Young Living Essential Oils.
In addition, this essential oil boasts of ethically sourced ingredients, which are described as cleansing, purifying, and highly uplifting.
The essential oil also has a child resistant safety cap. Dubbed “Source to Shelf” skincare product, this essential oil is highly potent with substantial overtones of lemons.
The aroma of this product is warm, spicy, and volatile.
To get the most out of this product, make sure to dilute properly before applying on your skin.
If you are pregnant, under medication, or suffering from an illness, consult with your doctor first before using this to help with your acne.
And although it already comes with a child resistant cap, you should keep it completely out of reach of children.
- It helps with acne, and works better than a majority of the most popular brands on the market today.
- This essential oil is a useful remedy for teenage acne.
- It can irritate the skin
- The product is not sold in a set.
8. Tea Tree Clear Skin Serum
“Good Essential Oil” isn’t a better phrase to describe Tea Tree Clear Skin Serum.
As an essential product that completely eradicates acne and clears blemishes, it can’t be more true to call it the best skincare product than most regular essential oils for acne prone skin.
The serum not only nourishes skin cells, but also protects the skin from free radicals.
If you want a properly moisturized skin with better suppleness, this would be the best essential oils for acne to use.
Behind the power of this skin serum are four active ingredients: tea tree essential oil, vitamin B3, hyaluronic acid, and vitamin C.
The tea tree essential oil shields the skin from possible attack by free radicals and pathogen. Hyaluronic acid helps to moisturize the skin.
Also, it gives the skin its suppleness whole maintaining its firmness for the long haul.
The purpose of vitamins is to boost the protection of the skin against attack by pathogens by strengthening the body’s immune system.
- This serum is an all-natural product, which is 100% safe for treating your acne and preventing future breakouts.
- It gives your skin a fresh tone.
- Also, it helps to improve the texture of skin.
- It is not too pricey.
- This essential oil is also useful for clearing post acne marks.
- It comes with a dropper.
- It somewhat irritates the skin
9. Art Naturals Tea Tree Essential Oil
Prized for its power to cure acne and stop breakouts, art Natural Tea Tree Essential Oil is by far a unique remedy that you can use to give your acne prone skin special a treat.
This essential oil is 100% cold-pressed oil from the Moroccan argan tree.
Besides helping with acne, this product also hydrates and revitalizes the skin while keeping the signs of aging to their minimum.
And, it doesn’t just get its power from natural ingredients; it is also free from cruelty and parabens.
While this aromatic essential oil is sufficient for treating acne on its own, you can create an even more powerful treatment by combining it with additional natural ingredients that help with acne.
At the end of the day, the blend becomes more powerful for treating the skin, leaving it clean and clear.
- This essential oil comes with a dropper. This helps you to maximize the use of the product.
- This product uses 100% organic ingredient, and that means there aren’t any side effects linked to using this product. So you can use it regularly without worrying about breaking out.
- This essential oil is non-greasy. And it blends so well with skin after application.
- Besides helping with acne, this multipurpose essential oil can treat a host of other skincare problems, hence eliminating the need for additional purchases of skincare products.
- The smell of the essential oil for acne is so strong. It might be quite off-putting for a number of users.
10. Teddie Organics Rosehip Essential Oil for Acne Scars
Teddie Organics Rosehip Essential oil for acne scars is the one grab-and-go remedy that’s cruelty free and not tested on animals.
It is a more natural solution, which makes a perfect alternative to skincare products infused with chemical ingredients.
Known as a reliever of scars caused by acne, eczema, rosacea, and psoriasis, this essential oil is downright an all-in-one skincare solution that you can use to give your skin the best treat.
Its healing, smoothing, and soothing power come from three healthy, essential fatty acids: omega 3, omega 6, and omega 9.
The omega ingredients not only help to boost the health of the cell membrane of skin, but also empower its barrier functions.
Also, it contains vitamin C and carotene, which protect the skin from damages by free radicals. Overall, we are sure Teddie Organics rosehips is one of the best essential oils for acne scars because it has nature’s only best.
- It works best for dry as well as itchy skin
- This essential oil can help with pregnancy stretch marks.
- Best for curing scars cause by acne.
- It is not tested on animals
- It does not come with a dropper